We have become more modern with our approach to homework during the COVID pandemic and it has had so many positive benefits for our school community:
- Better engagement with strong enthusiasm and engagement with homework tasks
- Further development of computer and fine motor skills
- Environmentally friendly, reducing our carbon footprint
- Working 'smarter' to maximise teacher and staff time
- Parents have easier access and the ability to know the assignments due
We use Google Classroom and Mathletics and encourage our children to use other online resources to support their learning.
But there is nothing like holding a good book in your hands and turning the pages to find out what is next! Plus both using paper and pencil for reading and spelling assignments helps to develop fine motor skills and learn spelling through the simple method of "look, say, cover, write, check".
Google Classroom Guides