Governors play a vital role in ensuring the best possible education for every child by creating robust accountability for school leaders.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The full Governing Body meets every term. In addition, there are two committees, which meet in advance of the full governing body for more detailed discussions and to review policy documents. They are
- Curriculum and Achievements Committee
- Finance and Premises Committee
The Governing Body is comprised of 12 members and the composition is as follows
- One Ex Officio (Headteacher)
- One staff member elected by the school staff
- One appointed by the Local Authority
- 2 elected by parents of the school
- Seven Co-opted governors are appointed by the Governing Body according to skills
Contact the Chair of Governors
If you wish to contact the Chair of Governors you should do so through the school (email@example.com) or leave a letter in a sealed envelope, with the Clerk to the Governors, Robert Hawker, in the School Office.